Let’s be honest since Thanksgiving till now it has been a lot of food, festivities, eating and drinking. It’s important to indulge once in a while and to just let loose once in a while right? But we all have to find a balance. Life is all about balance, being able to enjoy time with family without stressing over eating too much or gaining weight. Detox does not have to only be about eating clean or working out after holidays. It involves the entire body. At some point after all this eating and drinking, its time to get back on track! Here are a few ways to detox yourself post vacation or post-holiday especially during this Christmas.
Detox plan post Vacation
- Get some sleep
Sleep is so important to our bodies. Over the vacation or holiday, it’s hard to get some sleep. Especially when you are jet lagged due to the time difference. I do not know about you, but when i am on vacation, i like to explore as much as i can. My husband is the total opposite. He will rather chill for 80% of the time and explore the remaining 20%. Although sleep is over-rated when you have a toddler running around and keeping you on your toes all day. After vacation, find some time to hit the bed earlier and turn off all alarm clocks.
I usually try to get some workout while i am on vacation. For some reason, i love exploring new gyms while on vacation or running on the beach just having fun. Although when on vacation, we tend to work out our legs a lot due to all the adventures and sightseeing, if you are like me. When starting back up, start up slowly and pace yourself.
Prayer is the key and foundation of our life. I believe so much in the power of prayer and what it means to us. This is slightly a twist in the detox plan. But one thing i have noticed with vacations and some family gatherings is that people end up comparing their lives with each other. You catch up on what the next person is doing and begin to feel unworthy or less of a person. When this happens, it’s important to look back at what the Lord has done in your life, how far he has brought you and be thankful. He created you for a purpose, you are not a waste of space. Even if you are not where you want to be, you are in a much better place. When you are feeling low after a vacation, Pray to him and let him show you how much he loves you. Detox your mind.
Get some rest. Often times we are so worn out from our vacations, all the sightseeing, visiting etc. When you get back, take it slow, relax and give your mind a break. You do not want to go back to work stressed out from your vacation. Sometimes i love to just sit and watch tv without doing anything brain tasking. Although this is usually just once in a blue moon loll
Drink up on some water. I love drinking water and thankfully so does my daughter. I joke to my brother that she drinks more water than he does on a daily basis. You might find that sometimes you are bloated from vacations, well water will help with that. Usually, its recommended to drink half your body weight in ounces.
- Eat clean
Clean eating goes without saying. All the free for all food, desserts etc that you have feasted on while on vacation. When i am on vacation, i give myself a break knowing fully well that i will get back on track once i get back home. Especially because when on vacation, its hard to 100% follow your eating habits. First, you do not have the same resources available to you, your time schedule is different etc. On getting back home, i usually try to do lots of fruits and vegetables to help my digestion. Then i also try to get back to a clean eating program. You could also try juicing tp help guide you.
These are just a few ways i detox after the holidays or a vacation. I definitely ate my heart out yesterday and had so much fun. Thankfully, i do not have to work today because i am burned out from this past weekend. Also, if you are looking to break through a weight loss plateau, check this post out. What do you do to detox yourself?