Happy post thanksgiving and prep to prevent thanksgiving weight gain lol! I know i am not the only one that sorta pigged out yesterday right? Sure it’s about giving thanks but its also about all the great food! All that dressing, gravy, salad, pumpkin pie, sweet potato casserole, dinner roll, stuffing, jollof rice, turkey, cranberry sauce etc. If you are like most people you probably had the following reaction during Thanksgiving:
Self: I will eat healthy, small portions, salads etc
Then things get out of hand, you somehow throw all caution into the air and head over for your 4th serving of gravy
A few minutes later, you are in the chair unable to move much. Arghhh why did i eat this much?
You promise not to eat this much ever again
Then grandma tells you there is dessert
Oh what the heck, i already started eating like crazy…… you serve yourself some dessert while promising to workout for 3 hours every day this weekend
Does that sound slightly familiar? lolll
How to prevent thanksgiving weight gain?
- Be gentle with yourself, to be honest, it was just one day, you have not damaged your life so get over it. It’s sad seeing people get so worked up over it and feeling terrible about themselves. It was a day well spent with friends and family and great food. We all need to learn to live a little here and there without feeling guilty
- Clear out the fridge of all the holiday food especially anything that seems unhealthy or that will sabotage your lifestyle. This is vital if you were the host of thanksgiving, rather than store the meals in the fridge, pack them up for your guests to take home.
- Stock up on healthy choices like fruits, vegetables, lean protein choices and things that will bring you closer to your health goals.
- Get back into your fitness routine, if you took a break for the Thanksgiving, get right back into it. If you never had a routine, its time to start one. I have some great freebies to help in my resource library. Hit subscribe to get access.
- If you need extra motivation, find a workout partner to join you and help you stay accountable.
- Most of all, have a plan, people fail when they do not have plans. Make a plan for how you hope to achieve your fitness goals and stick to it.
Weekend Food tasting
Oooooh, i nearly forgot, this past weekend, my best friend had her first food tasting event. If you have not heard of her, she is @Chopsbyrera on Instagram. If you need someone to add all the glam and glitz with great tasting food to your event, holla at her. Below are some pictures of her great event.