One thing i struggle with on mornings i have to go to work is working out. I have made plans on several occasions to wake up an hour earlier, workout and read my bible. But often times that has fallen through the cracks. I do not know about you, but i love my sleep. Some days, my daughter cries in the middle of the night and ends up in bed with us, its a struggle sleeping next to her constant kicks. On nights like these, i find it so hard to wake up.
But Working out early in the morning is very helpful in waking you up and energizing you for the day. I decided to come up with a quick How to get an effective Wake up workout in 5 minutes that i can do right before i shower. You do not need a large space, workout equipment or a lot of time to do these. The best part is, they can be done in your pajamas!!
How to get an effective Wake up workout in 5 minutes
- Start by keeping your arms by your side, your feet shoulder-width apart and your back straight.
- Squat down while inhaling, then press with the balls off your feet and jump straight up as high as you can go while exhaling.
- Jump back down, squat and jump up again.
- Stand with feet together.
- Jump out while putting your arms in the air above your head.
- Jump back to starting position and repeat.
- Keep your arms straight, and abs tight, lower yourself till your elbows are at a 90-degree angle or smaller.
- Keep your elbows close to your body as you go down.
- Push down till chest is close to the floor then push back up and repeat.
- Get into a straight back position like you are lying down. Rest your weight on your toes and forearms. You can keep your arms straight up for more of a challenge or for an easier plank, keep your arms bend and directly below your shoulder.
- Keep your body straight in this position for as long as possible.
- Start with legs straight back and arms straight on the floor like you are in a pushup starting position
- Jump to your feet are under your hips, then jump up into the air with hands above your head
Some other posts you might enjoy: