Welcome back to the weekly praying for children series. This week, we are praying against child abuse. Child abuse is such an ugly thing for any child to go through. It could come in various ways such as neglect, physical or emotional maltreatment or sexual molestation. We have all heard or know someone that went through abuse of some sort or is going through it. Children are our future and it is our duties as parents, guardians etc to fight against every plan of the devil to take hold and waste their lives. Child abuse can lead to various things and cause low self-esteem for children.
In most cases, children who are abused or neglected suffer greater emotional than physical damage. This is the plan of the devil to stop them from walking in the purpose God created them for. He wants them to turn to drugs, alcohol, sex, and otherworldly things rather than Christ. Thus moving further away from the one person that can truly bring them the freedom they so desperately need.
Let us as parents begin to cover these children with the shield of God while also looking out and speaking up against child abuse.
Last week we prayer regarding Childhood cancer.
Prayers against Child Abuse
- Lord, we ask that you bring freedom to any child that has been abused in one way or the other. We refuse to allow the devil to hold them captive. They are your children and have been called into your wonderful light.
- Show them that you see them and know what they are going through and are there right beside them. No matter how ugly the situation is, Lord show them that they can lean on you.
- We shield these children from any harm of any kind. We cover them with your shield and buckler Lord, protect them from harm. No evil eye shall see them and no evil hand shall touch them.
- We arrest the minds of anyone planning to abuse these children. We arrest their peace and send confusion to the camp of the enemies right now. Wherever they are gathering to cause abuse on these children, we send confusion there right now.
- Give us visions as parents, guardians etc to see our children the way you do. Open up our eyes to see what you see in our children. Open our eyes to see any potential signs of abuse and remove every form of ignorance from us.
- Give any child going through child abuse the strength to rely on you. Help them to trust in you no matter how bad it is. Knowing that you are sovereign and you see them.
- Give these children hope and erase this memory from them and use their experiences for your glory. Through their testimonies Lord, many more will come to the knowledge of who you are in their lives.
- Provide healing for these children in their body, soul, and minds. Every way they have been abused, Lord come and do what only you can do. You are the mighty man of war, the lion of Judah.
- Cause a complete restoration in their lives.
- Show us Lord, how we can speak up and stand against child abuse. Make us vessels for your kingdom Lord.
- Pray against child labor. Ask the Lord to provide sources of incomes so children do not need to go to undue labor to provide for themselves or their families.
- Come against child marriage. Pray for places that have this as part of their culture to begin to learn the harm it causes children.
- May those who abuse or inflict pain upon children be brought to justice.
Bible verses against Child abuse
Psalm 10: 12: Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God.
Do not forget the helpless
Galatians 6:9: Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up
Mark 10: 13-16: People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone, who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them
Matthew 18:2-6: He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
Matthew 18: 10: See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven
Psalm 127: 3-5: Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth.
5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their opponents in court.
If you see any signs of abuse in someone you know, or if you yourself are involved in an abusive relationship, get help right away. Childhelp has a 24-hour hotline with resources to aid in every child abuse situation. All calls are confidential. Call 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) for help.
Also, check out these ten apps that can strengthen your walk with God
Next week, we will be praying against Abortions