This week’s topic is praying to end Abortion. Now i do know, this post is probably going to upset some people or raise certain questions or scenarios where people feel its okay to abort. In this post, our goal is to pray against abortions in all forms or for whatever reasons that they happen.
The circumstance that abortion advocates use most often, in an attempt to justify abortion, is the pregnancy that’s the result of rape. I admit, i not until recently supported abortion in this scenario. I was against abortion, but in the case of rape, i felt it could be okay. However, these past few months, God has taken me through various stages that have opened my eyes to what a gift all children are and how precious life even when they are barely formed in the womb.
God loves every single child no matter how they are conceived and he allows triumph to rise in every tragedy. I know rape is tough and nearly impossible especially when it results in pregnancy. It probably feels impossible to possibly see this child every day and love the child. I share a podcast at the end of this post about a guy Ryan Bomberger who was conceived through rape, but whose mother decided to give birth to him and then put him up for adoption. He now runs the Radiance Foundation, which is involved in cutting-edge pro-life educational projects. Real life stories like this move me to tears. What if his mother had chosen to abort him? She would have stopped the chance of him making a difference in the lives of others. Imagine the number of lives he is saving right now. But Hope overcame tragedy in this case.
I also at the bottom share a post about a mother who chose to give her daughter life when the doctors said she should abort her due to health complications. That is another reason people may advocate for abortion. I am not here to condemn anyone for their choices, i have not been in either of these situations so i obviously do not know what it feels like. However, i do know we serve a sovereign God who knows and sees all. He is against murder from the beginning of time and his word has not and will never change because of situations. He, on the other hand, will work you through every situation and bring beauty and a testimony out of the ashes of your life.
Prayers to end abortion
- Prayers for those having a crisis pregnancy: Give them the strength and faith to choose life. Help them in this tough decision and show them your love and hope through this.
- Prayers to end abortion clinics: Lord we come against every administration, place or person promoting abortion clinics.
- Prayers against shame in pregnancy. Every pregnancy is a gift, no matter how conceived. Even if the parents do not want the child, this does not mean God does not want the child.
- Change the hearts of those seeking an abortion. Plant in their hearts a treasure for life no matter what stage it is. Help them see your beauty in every situation regardless of how the baby was conceived or circumstances going on.
- Prayer for those pregnant with no finances. God is a God of provision and will provide for their needs
- Prayer for those that chose abortion in the past and need healing/peace now in one way or the other.
- For parents overwhelmed by grief and remorse at the loss of their child to abortion. Show them your mercy and compassion and heal their broken hearts.
- Change the hearts of those providing abortions. Plant in their hearts a treasure for life no matter what stage it is.
- Pray for ministries that are actively working to change the hearts of people seeking an abortion. Ask for strength for these ministries to keep fighting abortion. Pray for the resources they need to keep the fire against abortion going.
Bible verses to give hope and end abortion
Mark 9:29 “And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”
Ephesians 6:12 “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms”
Psalm 139:13 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.”
Exodus 4:11 The LORD said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.
Psalm 127:3 Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him.
Psalm 139:13-16 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
The doctors asked her to have an abortion due to future health complications of her daughter, she said No.
Ryan Bomberger was conceived in rape, adopted at birth – and raised in a multi-racial family of 15. He’s a creative powerhouse who, along with his wife Bethany, runs the Radiance Foundation, which is involved in cutting-edge pro-life educational projects. Check out the video below to hear from him.
If you missed the last few prayers for children series, here they are: